Mac and cheese has been the single hardest recipe for me to recreate. I have tried tons of recipes, and there is just always something “off”...

Best Vegan White Mac and Cheese

Mac and cheese has been the single hardest recipe for me to recreate. I have tried tons of recipes, and there is just always something “off” about them. I don’t know about you, but the thought of making potatoes and carrots into a cheese-like substance sounds pretty far off the mark.

And that’s why when creating this recipe I went back to my roots.



Best Vegan White Mac and Cheese

 Prep Time 10 minutes
 Cook Time 10 minutes
 Total Time 20 minutes

Ingredients

  • 16 oz dry pasta
  • 1/4 cup vegan butter
  • 2 garlic cloves diced
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk unsweetened
  • 8 oz vegan cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
  • 1/2 tsp white pepper
  • 1/2 tsp ground mustard
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional Toppings parmesan, tabasco, parsley, red pepper flakes

Instructions

0 comments:

close