As much as I love banana bread, and believe me, I love it A LOT, sometimes I want something different. Something like this cake for instance...

Chocolate Banana Applesauce Cake

As much as I love banana bread, and believe me, I love it A LOT, sometimes I want something different. Something like this cake for instance.  Incredibly moist and fudgy this cake is almost brownie-like in consistency and texture.  The bold chocolate flavors mingle beautifully with the banana and the gooey pockets of melted chocolate chips are pure heaven.

This cake is perfect for snacking on since it’s made without oil or butter – applesauce only!  I make it in an 8×8 baking dish so there’s just the right amount of cake for a couple of day’s worth of snacks. Or one day if we’re really hungry.



Chocolate Banana Applesauce Cake

Ingredients

  • 2 very ripe bananas
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup applesauce (no sugar added)
  • ⅓ cup water
  • 1 tsp white vinegar
  • 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
  • ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided

Instructions



0 comments:

close