When I was newly married and highly inexperienced at cooking (this is no joke, I honestly didn’t know a thing! The cooking experience I brou...

Chocolate Cream Pie!

When I was newly married and highly inexperienced at cooking (this is no joke, I honestly didn’t know a thing! The cooking experience I brought along to my marriage consisted of the Lion House taffy I had learned to make at my college job. You feel bad for MyHandsomeHusband, don’t you? He did most of the cooking back then, bless him. He’s always been a keeper, that one. But that is a different story for another time…

Anyhow, I didn’t know a thing about cooking and it was Thanksgiving and my mother in law asked if I would bring a couple of pies to our family feast. So, I started to look through some cookbooks and I called my mom and I read the back of the Jell-O Pudding box and I paced a little and fretted some. I came across a recipe for Chocolate Cream Pie that looked so overwhelming hard I told MyHandsomeHusband I would NEVER make a pie like that from scratch! “Who has time to stand and stir at the stove for 100 years, just to make a pie!” I may have told him. In my mind I could see my hair turning gray and big dark circles forming under my eyes while I stirred pie filling and 100 years ticked by. I ended up making a couple of pudding pies, using the trusty Jello-O boxed pudding method…and they turned out ok. No one pushed me out of the family or anything. 




Chocolate Pudding Pie

Ingredients:

  • 26 Oreo cookies
  • 6 Tb butter, melted
  • dash salt
  • 3 C whole milk (don’t skimp here)
  • 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 5 egg yolks
  • 1 C sugar
  • 4 Tb corn starch
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
  • 2 Tb sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 large Hershey Bar

Directions:

Full Recipes>>Chocolate Cream Pie!








0 comments:

close