One tip that I always give for tacos is to always toast the corn tortillas first. It really magnifies their flavor and helps strengthen the ...

Blackened Shrimp Tacos

One tip that I always give for tacos is to always toast the corn tortillas first. It really magnifies their flavor and helps strengthen the tacos so that you can stuff ’em full without them ripping apart. I’ve  included a photo of my favorite brand, which have proven to be quite sturdy, in the step-by-steps below.

The batch below is fairly small because I only had a half pound of shrimp on hand. With 30/40 count shrimp that meant I had 18 individual shrimp. I put three shrimp in each taco, so that gave me six tacos. Whether you eat 2 or 3 tacos per “serving” is really subjective, so I just listed the price as per taco rather than a suggested servings size.



BLACKENED SHRIMP TACOS

 Prep Time 30 minutes
 Cook Time 10 minutes
 Total Time 40 minutes

INGREDIENTS
COLESLAW

  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise 
  • 1/2 Tbsp honey 
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard 
  • 1 tsp red wine vinegar 
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • Freshly cracked pepper 
  • 1/2 bag coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) $.75
  • 3 green onions, sliced 

SMOKY GARLIC LIME SAUCE

  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise 
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder 
  • 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/8 tsp salt $0.01
  • 1 lime (1 Tbsp juice) 

BLACKENING SEASONING

  • 1 Tbsp smoked paprika 
  • 1 tsp dried thyme 
  • 1 tsp dried oregano 
  • 1/2 tsp cumin 
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne 
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder 
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder 
  • 1/4 tsp salt $0.02
  • Freshly cracked pepper 

TACOS

  • 1/2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp (30/40 count) 
  • 1 Tbsp butter 
  • 1 clove garlic, minced 
  • 6 small corn tortillas 
  • 3 green onions, sliced 

INSTRUCTIONS





0 comments:

close