I baked up a Pumpkin Toffee Coffeecake for a brunch last month. It only utilized 1 cup of pumpkin puree so, once again, I had a partial can ...

Pumpkin French Toast

I baked up a Pumpkin Toffee Coffeecake for a brunch last month. It only utilized 1 cup of pumpkin puree so, once again, I had a partial can left over. Though I would love a grab and go breakfast like these tempting Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies, the picky hubby only eats his oats in old fashioned oatmeal.  He also snubs all my pumpkin recipes, except our annual Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie. I wasn’t optimistic about his response when I decided to make this pumpkin French toast. A small batch was required under the circumstances.



Pumpkin French Toast

PREP TIME: 20 mins 
COOK TIME: 4 mins
TOTAL TIME: 24 minutes 

Ingredients

  • 4 slices of challah bread, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup half and half (milk may be substituted)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon of allspice
  • A grate or two of fresh nutmeg or pinch of ground nutmeg
  • Butter, to saute French toast

TOPPING:

  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons mascarpone cream

Instructions

Full Recipes>>Pumpkin French Toast




0 comments:

close