bought a little jar of pesto recently and have been having fun finding ways to add it to everyday recipes. Yesterday I noticed a half bag of...

Creamy Pesto Mac with Spinach

bought a little jar of pesto recently and have been having fun finding ways to add it to everyday recipes. Yesterday I noticed a half bag of macaroni that had been sitting in my pantry for a few months and I just knew it was begging for the pesto treatment. So, I whipped up a quick béchamel sauce, stirred in some grated Romano (Parmesan will also work), and a good dollop of pesto. I poured the luxurious sauce over my cooked macaroni and a couple handfuls of thawed frozen spinach (because I’m all about balance), and had myself the most delicious and creamy pesto mac.



CREAMY PESTO MAC WITH SPINACH

 Prep Time 15 minutes
 Cook Time 15 minutes
 Total Time 30 minutes

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups uncooked macaroni 
  • 2 Tbsp butter 
  • 2 Tbsp flour 
  • 2 cups whole milk 
  • 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan 
  • 1/4 cup basil pesto 
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • Freshly cracked pepper 
  • 1/2 lb frozen spinach 

INSTRUCTIONS








0 comments:

close