I’ve been going caramel crazy lately. I made a ton of batches of both my Homemade Caramel Sauce and my Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce and hav...

Banana Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

I’ve been going caramel crazy lately. I made a ton of batches of both my Homemade Caramel Sauce and my Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce and have been topping EVERYTHING with it. I can’t help it. The stuff is addictive.

As great a topping as caramel sauce makes, there was no way in hell that was all I was gonna use it for. So to put my Homemade Caramel Sauce to better use, I swirled some into this banana bread and stuffed some inside these cupcakes. Those recipes were a caramel dream come true, but I still had loads of caramel sauce, so I thought “what the hell? Let’s bake more desserts!”



Banana Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients

  • 1 recipe of my Homemade Caramel Sauce

Banana Cupcakes:

  • 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
  • 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
  • ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
  • 1 and ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature
  • 2-3 overripe large bananas, puréed or mashed (about 1 and ½ cups)

Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting:

  • ½ cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
  • 1 (8 oz.) package full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 4 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
  • ¼ cup caramel sauce (recipe above)
  • ¼ tsp salt

Optional Garnishes:

  • Toffee Bits
  • Extra Caramel Sauce
  • Fresh Sliced Bananas

Instructions



0 comments:

close